Friday, January 02, 2009

Great Quote

Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relative to other matter; second, telling other people to do it.

-Bertrand Russell

"the mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n."

-John Milton




I have had these two quotes in my mind lately. One deals with the physical and the other mental. The Bertrand Russell quote really resonates with me right now, while I'm early on in my career. I do what people tell me. How do i get out of this? By having something they (the Employer) wants. As an artist that is difficult because apparently we are a dime a dozen. So experience and skill is the way out. In the meantime I have to take jobs which are hard to make a "heaven of hell" ....anyway thought I would share.


Here is a sword lady and a compostion I did for a class I took at the union

1 comment:

Leon1234 said...

I agree! Great quote!!!!